Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The Big D: Day 5

29 March
Just wanted say that 5 days into this deployment, I made those chocolate chip cookies!!
Attached Image: IMG_4340.JPG
By the way, we ate obscene amounts of cookie dough before those bad boys were baked. And I might or might not have left a little dish of dough in the fridge for a late night snack for mommy.

Yesterday was a pretty awful day for my husband. He flew from the airbase where they hold them out of country for in-processing, into Afghanistan and was basically walked from the plane, to the dfac for chow, to his bunk. He hadn't slept well in days, didn't know a soul (his unit is already there--he flew with a small handful of guys who were kept back for one reason or another--all of them new to him), and was incredibly homesick. When we skyped in the evening (early the next morning for him), I'm not ashamed to say we both cried like babies

I worried over him all day but he sent me a fb message this afternoon that said he had a pretty good day--he almost forgot where he was at. He got to play flag football for PT this morning and he met his platoon SG, who told him it's possible to go to WLC during deployment and that he wants to get my husband to a SG promotion board before he comes home. Then he said he was sleepy finally, and said goodnight.

I can't tell you how good it was to hear that.

          

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please comment if you feel led and I will do my best to answer it. -R